27th D.A.R.E. International Training Conference
The 27th D.A.R.E. International Training Conference will provide opportunities for attendees to gain enhanced knowledge, useful strategies, and practical skills that will have a positive impact within the schools and local communities.
Session topics will include:
- D.A.R.E. curricula and classroom delivery.
- Skill development in the effective use of the latest internet and classroom technology.
- Current information on the relationship between drugs and crime.
- Identification of high risk students and their “hidden” youth language.
- Raise participant’s awareness of their contribution to school, neighborhood and community safety.
- Strategies to develop citizen participation and citizen-oriented public safety programs.
- Programs that demonstrate best practices and efforts that enhance safety in schools, neighborhoods, and communities.
- Community prevention programs.
- Achieving successful community engagement.
- Working with young people to reduce crime and anti-social behavior.
The conference will benefit:
- D.A.R.E. Instructors
- GREAT Instructors
- School Resource Officers
- School Based Law Enforcement Officers and Deputies
- School Based Law Enforcement Supervisors
- Juvenile and Youth Correction Officers
- International Law Enforcement Officials
- Youth Organization Administrators and Leaders
- International School Staff and Personnel
- Police Department and Sheriffs’ Office Personnel
The conference will be held on July 8-10, 2014 at the beautiful Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, in Grapevine, Texas near the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
News, Photos, and Other Information from the Conference
Photos from the 27th D.A.R.E. International Training Conference held in July 2014 at the beautiful Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, in Grapevine, Texas near the Dallas/Fort Worth…
Photos of Cindy Rohrscheib during her acceptance of the Alabama D.A.R.E. Officer of the Year award. In the photos with Cindy: her twin sister Deputy Jennifer Chaffin, Chief Culpepper,…
From www.beaumontenterprise.com Wanda Brister showing her trophies as the Texas Dare Officer of the Year and 1st place for the Jasper PD D.A.R.E. car. Photo by Jeff Reedy Wanda Brister of the…
The Conference is being held at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center. A limited number of rooms are available at a special conference room rate. Registration of Conference participants to…
GUNTOWN – Julia Smith spent the past 20 years teaching sixth-graders and police officers alike. Her dedication to both sets of students earned her this year’s National D.A.R.E. Educator of the…
Tentative Conference Schedule* Monday, July 7th Conference Registration - 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Auto Show - 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Vendors & Exhibitors - 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Tuesday, July…
Official Rules RACE CARS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SHOW. THE GOVERNMENT ENTITY SPONSORING ENTRY OF THE VEHICLE MUST OWN, HAVE CLEAR TITLE TO, THE VEHICLE. THE VEHICLE MUST…
Dr. Stephen Sroka, Special Speaker at the 27th D.A.R.E. International Training Conference, is an internationally recognized motivational speaker, trainer, author, teacher, professor and consultant.…