2013-2014 New York State D.A.R.E. Officers’ Association Training
Posted on September 15, 2013 by D.A.R.E. in
NYSDOA Annual D.A.R.E. Update Training Agenda
- Introduction of New D.A.R.E. website
- Elementary keepin’ it REAL Program – Best Practices
- New K-4 Safety Lessons
- Marijuana – Discussion Guide for DARE Officers
- Rockin’ 4 Relief – Student Leadership Project
- School Shooting Insight and Response:Lesson Learned from Newtown’s Sandy Hook
- FEMA’s STEP Program- Student Tools for Emergency Planning
School Safety Presentation – School Shooting Insight and Response
Lesson Learned from Newtown’s Sandy Hook will provide information on the newly implemented Connecticut State Police Liaison Program.
Other Training Dates:
- TBA – Late January/Early Feb. 2014, NYS Academy of Fire Science, Montour Falls, NY
Registration fees: $75.00 includes training, training materials and morning break. Lunch will be on your own.
N.Y.S.D.O.A. membership is renewed with attendance at Annual Regional Training.
NEW – Group Rate: Departments sending more than 4 officers to training during the school year will be charged a flat rate of $300.